When I started this blog I was wondering if I actually understood the concept of open source. That’s the beauty of crippling self doubt, ir forces you to research before even getting into a topic.
I usually start off with a dummy proof simple explanation. The following video provided this insight beautifully, using the metaphor of a cookie recipe.
As a student within the technology spectrum, I’ve used various open source programs. Here is a list of some of the ones I remember using at some point:
- Mozilla Thunderbird – email client
- Apache — the most popular web server
- Moodle — a free and open-source learning management system
- PuTTY — terminal (ssh, telnet, serial)
- OpenOffice-Replaces Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- VLC Media Player